WHY LEARN DATA SCIENCE?
Have you ever shopped online and found advertisements strangely related to what you’ve been searching for on facebook and other websites continuously for a week? Or say, you’re texting with your friend and the keyboard suggests to you the exact words that you were going to use in your sentence? How does YouTube show all your favourite videos on your homescreen?
In business, Data Science is successfully adding value to all business models by using statistics and deep learning to make better decisions and improve hiring. It is also being used to crunch historical data and predict possible situations or risk so that we can work on avoiding them.
According to the IMDA, there has been a growing demand for talents in the tech space and Singapore is expected to be short of 30,000 technology professionals by 2020.
Data Science is the fastest-growing job and was voted as the #1 job of 2018
HIGH PAYING CAREERS
Data Scientists earn an estimated mid-career salary of $104,000 annually
BIG DATA ANALYTICS
Demand for Big Data jobs are expected to increase exponentially in the future
An exceptionally unique experience tailored to you.
Awesome Student Welfare
Great wholesome food provided during each lesson so that students are in the best state of mind to learn.
Highly Interactive Course
Learn in a class where we integrate engaging class participation activities such as games to facilitate learning.
Industry Relevant Projects
Learn how to create insights from real data through the YouTube, Lazada and Airbnb projects within the course.
Classes will be held once a week over 7 consecutive weeks. Each session would be 3 hours long held at 991D Alexandra Road #01-22/23 Singapore 119972. The course fees is $2000 before subsidy however Singaporeans and PRs are eligible for subsidies of up to 100%.
Find out what you will learn throughout the 7 weeks course.
Learn how to perform analysis with the use of popular programming languages like Python
Use standard analysis models to generate useful information and provide actionable insights
Aggregate and visualise data using data libraries in Python to display information to audiences in a useful manner
- Project 1: YouTube (Due on Week 4)
- Familiarise with storing data into python data variables
- Practice writing scalable python codes to extract intermediate output from data
- Practice applying conditional changes upon the data set
- Project 2: Lazada (Due on Week 5 & 6)
- Practice writing modular codes
- Learn how to clean the data using python programming
- Learn how to extract even more complex outputs from the data using python codes
- Learn how to perform basic visualisations through using python
- Project 3: Airbnb (Due on Week 7)
- Serves as a consolidation for all the concepts students have learnt
- Learn how to leverage upon complex python libraries to deliver intermediate outputs and visualizations
- Gain an insight into how python programming can be applied upon real data to derive at useful actionable insights
- Lecture 1a: Introduction to analytics
- Be cognizant of the business uses cases for data science and data analytics
- Lecture 1b: Python Expressions & Variables
- Declare variables, and manipulate the variables to perform arithmetic operations
- Variable conversion
- String slicing
- Concatenate string & other non-string variables
- Special characters
- Debugging python programs
- Lab Exercise 1 (Due on Week 2)
- Lecture 2a: Decision Structure & Boolean Logic
- Sequence structure
- Boolean operators (conditional & relational)
- IF, ELIF, ELSE constructs
- Nested decisions
- “Not” operator
- Lecture 2b: Collections
- List (Access, append, remove, update)
- Tuple (Access, append, remove, update)
- Dictionary (Access, append, remove, update)
- Lab Exercise 2 (Due on Week 3)
- Lecture 3: Iterations Part 1
- While loops (indefinite)
- Infinite loops
- Using break
- for loops (definite)
- Finding the largest/smallest
- Filtering results
- Use of “Is”, “not” and “in”
- Range for loop
- Iterating through a dictionary
- Lab Exercise 3 (Due on Week 4)
- Lecture 3: Iterations Part 2
- How is iteration used in data science?
- Consolidate understanding of iterations with a series of practice questions
- Apply iterations to create advanced algorithms (eg. consolidating data in a unique hashtable)
- Nested iterations
- Lab Exercise 4 (Due on Week 5)
- Lecture 5: Functions
- How to write and invoke python functions
- How to leverage on commonly used Python libraries (eg. Math, Statistics, Regular Expression)
- How to perform visualisation using Matplotlib
- Lecture 6: Applying Programming into Analytics using Lazada as a Case Study
- How to read & write csv into python collections
- Answering analytical query using Python
- Simple visualisation using Matplotlib
- Project Assignment (Due on Week 7)
- Lecture 7: Consolidation & Closing
- Go through answers on the Airbnb Project
- Consolidate understanding with a series of in-class programming questions (will be done in a competition game format)
- Closing & the way ahead for students
Our courses are $2000 before subsidy. Students are eligible for course subsidies under the CITREP+ framework. Subsidies ranges from 70% to 100% depending on which tier you fall under.
CITREP+ supports local professionals in keeping pace with technology shifts through continuous and proactive training.For more information, you can visit the IMDA website here for more information.
Check out what students have to say about our courses.
Danial Adam Leong
The instructors are highly knowledgeable to be able to bring across new concepts as well as to explain the practicality of the concepts in the workforce! The atmosphere was also very conducive with meals and drinks being offered. Their follow-up service is also impeccable as they continue to update previous classes regarding new happenings in the data science field. Overall, it was a blast and I'm glad to have signed up for it!
The environment was really conducive for learning: spacious, with all the necessary amenities. Besides that, the instructor was very passionate, and was well-prepared for class with in-class worksheets to guide. During the lesson there were also teaching assistants who went around the room to provide guidance when help was needed. The TAs contactable via telegram chat should you require any assistance with your homework.
Foo Rong Chang
Excellent course where instructors are both knowledgeable and passionate. There are teaching assistants walking around to assist you in your learning and are more than willing to go out of their way to help you in other languages as well should you need the help. Helpful, friendly and approachable are the traits that they possess and have made the learning journey for us students so much easier and more fun as well!
Get your answers to questions you may have about the bootcamp.
What is Data Science?
Data scientist performs research and analysis on data and helps companies to improve business by predicting growth, trends and insights based on huge amounts of data.
Why Learn Data Science?
Data Science was voted as the #1 Job of 2016 by Glassdoor and demand for Big Data jobs are expected to increase up exponentially in the future.
What is the Expected Pay of a Data Scientist?
Data Scientists earn an estimated mid-career salary of $104,000 annually.
My company has data science problems, what do I do?
If your company has seemingly huge amounts of data, learning data science skills will allow you to manipulate that data into actionable insights. Should the problems be tough to solve, our experienced instructors can solve your data science problems together in the capacity of a consultant.